Monday, January 25, 2010

Post DD Taping Apprehension

I so enjoyed my taping day with the Dragons: was well prepared, was not intimidated, was confidently able to counter cynicism, skepticism, numbers questions, was only slightly thrown when the video excerpt broadcast waaay out of synch and even had a response (and was hoping!) for Kevin's: "This is the worst idea.." I did smack the microphone attached to my neckline that's a real 'ouchie' for ears (it was a moment of emphasizing something) on the other hand, I didn't lose the mic pack around my waist (to accommodate cartwheel) and I made them chuckle. I loved being behind the scenes again (impressed the heck out of the sound guy when I asked if he needed a sound check) and only think I looked moderately Charlie Chaplin-esque striding through the studio to my 'spot' on the stage (kind people comment that I walk like a dancer) Now, as I watch this season, I wonder if my confidence, well thought-out and thought-through pitch won't fit in the meaner leaner American Idol circus approach.

No comments: