Thursday, January 14, 2010

Diving into the Den

After much thought, my wardrobe decision is based on looking as professional as possible, while also accommodating various bits incorporated into my pitch (as a solo 'act', it's my mandate and mission to be as memorable as possible - whatever the ultimate outcome) I have severely restricted use of anything white (causes a camera's brain to imbalance) so it's just the collar of my shirt that crisply makes a statement under a snug navy blue t-shirt. A gently fitted faux blue-jean boyfriend jacket and an above-the-knee navy and bisque chiffon skirt with navy silk lining. Princess heels are navy, nylons are neutral. No-one would ever guess the spandex short-shorts until my cartwheel (lots of practicing went into that) Upside down, I thought I heard Arlene's "Well done" Right side up , Jim Treliving offered: "You're very spry". Later, they'd learn that while doing warm-up cartwheels outside the Pitcher's 'holding room' the woman assigned to keep a-watch on us Pitchers, spoke into her headset: "I'm off air for 30-seconds" whereupon she attempted a cartwheel (considering her age, I dunno, 21? nicely done). Then the KMPG business advisor arrive. He also felt the need (considering he's a guy: passable) At a certain point, the joint was careening with cartwheelers. If nothing else, that'll be my Dragon's Den legacy.

No comments: